Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with the scientific vision of revolutionizing the treatment of cancer by redirecting the body’s potent anti-viral immune response to recognize and kill cancer cells. Tessa’s core virus-specific T Cell (VST) platform has shown compelling results in the treatment of solid tumors, and the company is building a portfolio of therapies addressing a wide range of tumors by combining the qualities of its T cell platform with complementary technologies. Tessa’s lead Phase III trial for nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) is the world’s largest Phase III T cell immunotherapy trial for any cancer indication. The company has built up robust operational and supply chain capabilities to successfully deliver autologous T cell therapy treatments to a large patient pool across five countries. The combination of technologies from its academic, clinical, and commercial research partners have enabled the company to create a fully-integrated approach to the treatment of cancer with immunotherapy.
Our mission is to cure cancers and save lives with our innovative and widely accessible immunotherapies.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are interested to be part of our Process Development team.
Senior / Project Manager (Technology Transfer/ Technical Operations)
Head of Process Development
- As part of the Technical Operations team, the individual is responsible for developing integrated plans, organizing and monitoring projects across multiple functional areas across technical operations.
- The key objectives of this role will be to:
- Set up the technology transfer framework of products within Tessa Therapeutics and between organizations
- Set up project management and operational dashboards for CMC and Quality related activities leading up to or result from a significant regulatory submission (e.g. IND, pre-Phase III, BLA)
- Lead technology transfer activities to partners, third party contractors as well as between departments within Tessa Therapeutics.
- Serve as liaison with partners and contractors, manages day-to-day communications, and organizes project team meetings
- Closely monitor/control project progression to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget
- Project management activities include:
- Report project progress to all key stakeholders, escalating key issues and risks associated with complex transfers or strategic CMC/Quality projects.
- Proactively define potential risks and risk management strategies
- Supports the technical team to investigate any project challenges with necessary risk assessment tools and techniques then implements corrective measures
- Evaluates and assesses project results and provides recommendations for future improvement as part of a continuous improvement effort
- Prepares Project Change Orders with inputs from key stakeholders
- Effectively builds project teams by fostering a team culture of ownership and accountability.
- Cultivate effective communication, cooperation and trust within Tessa and its partners.
- Be part of and help nurture an environment where individuals and teams can grow and excel.
- Participate in organizational activities including due-diligence meetings, organizational development and team building activities to further the culture of Tessa Therapeutics.
- Master Degree/Degree in Engineering or Biotechnology or any related field with at least 5 years of relevant working experience in the transfer of biopharmaceutical processes/products or experience in CMC development activities at various clinical phases
- Project management experience across different continents and/or different organizations
- PMP® certification desirable
- Prior experience in building project management frameworks required
- Ability to demonstrate both technical competency and team leadership
- Proactive in working on solving issues and problems
- Ability to drive decision making across a multi-disciplinary, multi-region matrix team
- Able to communicate with impact, ensuring alignment and negotiating positive outcomes from various stakeholders.
- Comply to Tessa safety practices and standard operating procedures
- Exhibit and promote Tessa’s Core Values
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time