Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with the scientific vision of revolutionizing the treatment of cancer by redirecting the body’s potent anti-viral immune response to recognize and kill cancer cells. Tessa’s core virus-specific T Cell (VST) platform has shown compelling results in the treatment of solid tumors, and the company is building a portfolio of therapies addressing a wide range of tumors by combining the qualities of its T cell platform with complementary technologies. Tessa’s lead Phase III trial for nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) is the world’s largest Phase III T cell immunotherapy trial for any cancer indication. The company has built up robust operational and supply chain capabilities to successfully deliver autologous T cell therapy treatments to a large patient pool across five countries. The combination of technologies from its academic, clinical, and commercial research partners have enabled the company to create a fully-integrated approach to the treatment of cancer with immunotherapy.
Our mission is to cure cancers and save lives with our innovative and widely accessible immunotherapies.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are interested to be part of our team.
Director/Associate Director, Global Commercial Strategy
Chief Commercial Officer
- Establish cross-functional commercial strategy for Tessa’s portfolio and develop an innovative, consistent, and clear global commercial strategy by representing and integrating patient, healthcare provider and payor needs
- Integrate commercial strategy and insights into all relevant aspects of the product development program, including clinical trial designs, go/no-go decisions and medical and scientific engagement plans.
- Establish and refine long-term revenue and P&L forecasts based on multiple scenarios, timelines, etc.
- Provide evaluations of market opportunities, develop business / go-to-market plan, and lead appropriate market development/ pre-launch activities.
- Work with Medical Affairs group to develop and coordinate external facing activities including website and social media activities to build disease awareness.
- Provide commercial leadership and partner with Medical Affairs and Communications to develop and implement a scientific communication strategy.
- Partner with Business Development to support the structural development and if required negotiations of regional partnerships
- Provide ‘fit for purpose’ commercial input to drug discovery and development activities, and business/market analysis for pipeline program prioritization and drug target product profiles.
- Provide as needed commercial input and direction in the development of corporate and business development presentations for external stakeholders, investors, and internally for the Board of Directors.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree in business or life sciences is preferred
- At least 7 years biotech / pharmaceutical industry and/or strategy consulting role, at least 3 of those in a commercial planning, strategic marketing, and/or commercial analytics role
- Proven track record of exceptional team and cross functional effectiveness is required
- Demonstrated ability to develop commercial plans for a biopharmaceutical product.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, strategic and analytical skills are required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive results
- Demonstrated experience in critically assessing the value proposition of pharmaceutical products from the viewpoint of reimbursement authorities within the US as well as outside the US; experience in Asia-Pac a plus