Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with the scientific vision of revolutionizing the treatment of cancer by redirecting the body’s potent anti-viral immune response to recognize and kill cancer cells. Tessa’s core virus-specific T Cell (VST) platform has shown compelling results in the treatment of solid tumors, and the company is building a portfolio of therapies addressing a wide range of tumors by combining the qualities of its T cell platform with complementary technologies. Tessa’s lead Phase III trial for nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) is the world’s largest Phase III T cell immunotherapy trial for any cancer indication. The company has built up robust operational and supply chain capabilities to successfully deliver autologous T cell therapy treatments to a large patient pool across five countries. The combination of technologies from its academic, clinical, and commercial research partners have enabled the company to create a fully-integrated approach to the treatment of cancer with immunotherapy.
Our mission is to cure cancers and save lives with our innovative and widely accessible immunotherapies.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are interested to be part of our team.
Director, Product Development
This position is based in Singapore and is responsible for conducting product development studies, supervising scientists, managing daily operations of laboratory functions. This position leads the technology transfers across functional laboratories and locations and perform optimization, trouble shooting, and qualification of both processes and assays for cell therapy products. This position communicates the operational detail and aligns the timelines and strategies with various departments based in Singapore and Houston, TX.
- Design and execute experiments, analyze data and present key conclusions for optimization, range finding, robustness assessment, and pre-validation analysis, and investigation of production processes for cell therapy products, focusing on virus-specific T cells
- Lead experimental design, execution, and data analysis for exploration, development, qualification, optimization, and investigation of analytical methods for cell therapy products
- Identify critical parameters and reagents for both production processes and analytical methods and develop sourcing and qualification strategy
- Maintain top-notch scientific knowledge of cell therapy products and provide scientific management and operational support product development projects
- Support collaboration projects, from planning, budget, contract, and tracking progress, to technology transfer and joint effort in trending analysis, investigation, and optimization
- Ensure all communications within and across departments are effective and transparent, specifically follow-up to ongoing issues, timely updates on experiments
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with collaboration partners ensuring team environment and alignment with Tessa strategic planning
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis
- Provide expertise to guide scientists, including allocating day to day scientific work in alignment to projects’ timeline and strategies of Product Development
- Assist in organizational infrastructure development (e.g., business processes, SOPs, training)
- Managing a team of Scientists for the Product Development department
- PhD in life sciences
- More than 10 years proven successful track record in leading development projects in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of GxP (GLP or GMP) guidelines and compliance, especially in supporting clinical trials
- Extensive experience with pharmaceutical drug development, with successful track record in developing robust processes/assays or improving existing ones
- Strong inter-personal skill and verbal/written communication and ability to manage situations and motivate teams through objective and insightful leadership
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills and knowledge of statistical analysis and using relevant tools