Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with the scientific vision of revolutionizing the treatment of cancer by redirecting the body’s potent anti-viral immune response to recognize and kill cancer cells. Tessa’s core virus-specific T Cell (VST) platform has shown compelling results in the treatment of solid tumors, and the company is building a portfolio of therapies addressing a wide range of tumors by combining the qualities of its T cell platform with complementary technologies. Tessa’s lead Phase III trial for nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) is the world’s largest Phase III T cell immunotherapy trial for any cancer indication. The company has built up robust operational and supply chain capabilities to successfully deliver autologous T cell therapy treatments to a large patient pool across five countries. The combination of technologies from its academic, clinical, and commercial research partners have enabled the company to create a fully-integrated approach to the treatment of cancer with immunotherapy.
Our mission is to cure cancers and save lives with our innovative and widely accessible immunotherapies.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are interested to be part of our team.
Manager, Strategic Projects (Technical Operations)
Senior Manager, Strategic Projects (Technical Operations)
- The individual will support the planning and execution various strategic programs as part of the Technical Operations (TO) team.
- The scope of strategic programs within Technical Operations include:
- Project implementation of a new cGMP Cell Therapy facility in a brown field site.
- Early stage pipeline program technology transfer within the organization, TO, various CMOs and collaborators.
- For capital projects, the individual will lead the interfacing with the EPCM project manager and the internal Tessa team to ensure the successful and timely delivery of the capital projects.
- For all programs, the individual will organize and coordinate various activities amongst the TO functions including:
- Ensures necessary communication within the project team (meetings, reporting) and coordinates interfaces outside of the project team with core team members, steering team members and stakeholder.
- Report project progress to all key stakeholders, escalating key issues and risks for the project.
- Organize and coordinate deliverable from the various sub-teams, contractors and vendors.
- Supports the technical team to investigate any project challenges with necessary risk assessment tools and techniques then implements corrective measures
- Evaluates and assesses project results and provides recommendations for future improvement as part of a continuous improvement effort
- Closely monitor/control project progression to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget
- Escalate issue to the core team or steering committee
- Be part of and help nurture an environment where individuals and teams can grow and excel.
- Degree in Engineering or any related field with at least 6 years of relevant working experience as a process engineer for new product introduction or cGMP facility construction.
- Technical project management experience with cross functional accountability.
- Technology transfer and/or early clinical stage program experience is a plus
- Prior experience in cGMP Biologics facilities and working with contract organization and vendors a must.
- Capital project management experience is a plus
- Ability to demonstrate both technical competency and team leadership
- Proactive in working on solving issues and problems
- Able to communicate with impact, ensuring alignment and negotiating positive outcomes from various stakeholders.
- Comply to Tess safety practices and standard operating procedures
- Exhibit and promote Tessa’s Core Values
- Travelling up to 15% may be required