Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with the scientific vision of revolutionizing the treatment of cancer by redirecting the body’s potent anti-viral immune response to recognize and kill cancer cells. Tessa’s core virus-specific T Cell (VST) platform has shown compelling results in the treatment of solid tumors, and the company is building a portfolio of therapies addressing a wide range of tumors by combining the qualities of its T cell platform with complementary technologies. Tessa’s lead Phase III trial for nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) is the world’s largest Phase III T cell immunotherapy trial for any cancer indication. The company has built up robust operational and supply chain capabilities to successfully deliver autologous T cell therapy treatments to a large patient pool across five countries. The combination of technologies from its academic, clinical, and commercial research partners have enabled the company to create a fully-integrated approach to the treatment of cancer with immunotherapy.
Our mission is to cure cancers and save lives with our innovative and widely accessible immunotherapies.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are interested to be part of our team.
Scientist, Product Development
The position will be based in Singapore and report to the Director of Product Development. The candidate will be responsible for daily scientific operations, as well technology transfers across functional laboratories for cell therapy processes in alignment with project timelines and strategies.
- Learn and master diverse product development processes and related in-house analytical methods for both scientific knowledge and hands-on skills for VST cell therapies
- Perform GMP production of VST cell therapies to support early phase clinical studies
- Identify critical parameters and reagents, as well as acceptable operational ranges for production processes
- Design and conduct experiments for robustness, gap analysis, range finding, optimization and troubleshooting of the production processes
- Identify critical quality attributes of process intermediates and final products, and if required, perform analytic work for these attributes
- Perform training and technology transfer across laboratories and sites for cell therapy processes, including assistance in setting up a new pilot plant to support early phase clinical studies
- Lead efforts to provide trend analysis for various manufacturing processes after technology transfer. Work with the production team to troubleshoot and take preventative actions to ensure long-term production realization
- Maintain good laboratory housekeeping, maintenance of equipment, and inventory of reagents and consumables
- BSc/MSc in Immunology or Life Sciences with at least 5 years of experience working in an GxP environment
- In-depth research development experience in the fields of immunology and/or molecular biology and/or Virology.
- Strong analytical, scientific writing and presentation skills.
- Basic statistical knowledge or process engineering experience is highly desirable
- Good working attitude and willingness to learn
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and an excellent team player