Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with the scientific vision of revolutionizing the treatment of cancer by redirecting the body’s potent anti-viral immune response to recognize and kill cancer cells. Tessa’s core virus-specific T Cell (VST) platform has shown compelling results in the treatment of solid tumors, and the company is building a portfolio of therapies addressing a wide range of tumors by combining the qualities of its T cell platform with complementary technologies. Tessa’s lead Phase III trial for nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) is the world’s largest Phase III T cell immunotherapy trial for any cancer indication. The company has built up robust operational and supply chain capabilities to successfully deliver autologous T cell therapy treatments to a large patient pool across five countries. The combination of technologies from its academic, clinical, and commercial research partners have enabled the company to create a fully-integrated approach to the treatment of cancer with immunotherapy.
Our mission is to cure cancers and save lives with our innovative and widely accessible immunotherapies.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are interested to be part of our team.
Senior Scientist, Product Development
The position will be based in Singapore and report to the Director of Product Development. This candidate will be responsible for daily scientific experiments, data analysis as well as technology transfers across functional laboratories for cell therapy processes in alignment to project timelines and strategies for Product Development.
- Learn and master the production processes and related in-house analytical methods in both scientific knowledge and hands-on skills for VST cell therapies
- Perform GMP production of VST cell therapies to support clinical trial materials for early phase clinical studies
- Develop and optimize flow cytometry assays, immunoassay techniques (ELISAs, Luminex) and cell-based assays, (ELIspot, bioassays, etc.)
- Independently design, plan, execute and analyze data from in vitro studies to assess immunological function and operate, for immune phenotyping, flow-cytometers such LSR Fortessa II and cell sorting on BD FAS Aria II/III
- Design protocols for optimizing and sorting of parameters along with verification of sorting purities/efficiencies.
- Establish and validate work-stream for isolating subsets of immune cells from various immune organs by flow cytometry
- Identify critical parameters and reagents as well as acceptable operational ranges of the production processes
- Identify critical quality attributes of the process intermediates and final products, and if needed, perform analytic work for these attributes
- Perform training and technology transfer across laboratories and sites for cell therapy processes, including assistance in setting up a new pilot plant for supporting early clinical studies
- Author reports to document development efforts for cell therapy production and quality control
- Support regulatory affairs’ filing in the product development area by providing key information and reviewing submissions
- Lead the effort in providing trend analysis of manufacturing processes after technology transfer, work with the production team for trouble shooting efforts, and advice in preventative actions to ensure long-term production success
- Ensure laboratory housekeeping, maintenance of equipment, and inventories of reagents and consumables
- Mentoring of junior scientists
- PhD in Immunology or Life Sciences with at least 5 years of experience working in GxP environment
- Extensive research development experience in immunology and/or molecular biology and/or Virology.
- Strong understanding of immune system function and dysregulation, experience with various immune cell isolation techniques, including cell sorting
- Proficiency with FlowJo, FACSDiva software and statistical tools for data analysis
- Experience with ELISPOT and other readouts of antigen-specific immune responses
- Strong analytical skills and good scientific writing and presentation skills.
- Good working attitude and willingness to learn
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and a good team player