Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with the scientific vision of revolutionizing the treatment of cancer by redirecting the body’s potent anti-viral immune response to recognize and kill cancer cells. Tessa’s core virus-specific T Cell (VST) platform has shown compelling results in the treatment of solid tumors, and the company is building a portfolio of therapies addressing a wide range of tumors by combining the qualities of its T cell platform with complementary technologies. Tessa’s lead Phase III trial for nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) is the world’s largest Phase III T cell immunotherapy trial for any cancer indication. The company has built up robust operational and supply chain capabilities to successfully deliver autologous T cell therapy treatments to a large patient pool across five countries. The combination of technologies from its academic, clinical, and commercial research partners have enabled the company to create a fully-integrated approach to the treatment of cancer with immunotherapy.
Our mission is to cure cancers and save lives with our innovative and widely accessible immunotherapies.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are interested to be part of our team.
Senior Manager/Manager, Business Development
Chief Business Officer
- Search and evaluate new opportunities for business growth that are aligned with Tessa’s corporate strategy.
- Co-ordinate due diligence efforts for specified opportunities and ensure targets meet Tessa’s strategic and financial requirements.
- Build financial models and present evaluation of potential business areas and/or specific opportunities.
- As directed by CBO, participate in, and in some cases, manage interactions with third party advisors.
- Act as a key contributor in the development of materials needed for negotiations and the finalization of contracts.
- Lead or be a key team member on internal strategic projects that aim to define or refine Tessa’s strategy in critical growth areas.
- Play an important role in Tessa’s corporate strategic planning process.
- Undergraduate degree in biological science, medical or related field required. Graduate degree preferred. MBA is highly desirable.
- Ideally 3 to 5 years of experience in corporate strategy, business development, strategy consulting, or investment banking in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology sector. International experience desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling capabilities
- Financial and business acumen
- Ability to conduct high quality research on potential target companies, sectors and new business areas, and drive to recommendations
- Demonstrated understanding of how business development/corporate strategy drives company value
- Tolerance of ambiguity and the ability to adapt quickly and flexibly to changing role requirements
- Ability to digest and interpret complex data and situations
- Ability to both lead and be a productive member of multi-functional teams
- Ability to understand the “big picture” and to define and tell a strategic story
- Resourceful, creative and innovative