Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with the scientific vision of revolutionizing the treatment of cancer by redirecting the body’s potent anti-viral immune response to recognize and kill cancer cells. Tessa’s core virus-specific T Cell (VST) platform has shown compelling results in the treatment of solid tumors, and the company is building a portfolio of therapies addressing a wide range of tumors by combining the qualities of its T cell platform with complementary technologies. Tessa’s lead Phase III trial for nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) is the world’s largest Phase III T cell immunotherapy trial for any cancer indication. The company has built up robust operational and supply chain capabilities to successfully deliver autologous T cell therapy treatments to a large patient pool across five countries. The combination of technologies from its academic, clinical, and commercial research partners have enabled the company to create a fully-integrated approach to the treatment of cancer with immunotherapy.
Our mission is to cure cancers and save lives with our innovative and widely accessible immunotherapies.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are interested to be part of our team.
We are seeking an experienced, creative, and motivated Lab Manager to join our growing team in Houston. In this role, you will contribute to the company’s efforts to develop next‐generation cell therapies in solid tumor malignancies.
- Be part of a cell biology research team who functions to coordinate vendor relationships, purchase requests, equipment repair, laboratory orders, shipments, new vendor registration, and maintaining inventories of consumables.
- Work in close collaboration with the Baylor team in Houston and the Tessa CMC team in Singapore and facilitate close communication and collaboration across all sites.
- Coordinate tasks across projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning
- Effectively communicate plans and results in both oral and written form
- 3‐5 years (BS) or 0‐2 years (MS) industry/academic experience in biology (Immunotherapy background is a plus)
- Self‐motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Comfortable in a fast‐paced company and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills and record keeping
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic collaborative team environment
- Communicate effectively with multiple labs at Baylor in Houston as well as in the Tessa
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Prism, and other programs to create and distribute reports and key information required