Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company focused on the development of autologous and off-the-shelf, allogeneic therapies targeting solid tumors. Tessa’s Virus-Specific T cell (VST) platform harnesses the body’s potent anti-viral immune response and has shown compelling results in the treatment of solid tumors.
Tessa is building a portfolio of innovative, next-generation therapies by combining the qualities of VSTs with other immuno-oncology technologies. This includes a rapidly growing pipeline of clinical and pre-clinical autologous programs that target a wide range of cancers, including nasopharyngeal carcinoma, cervical cancer, oropharyngeal cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer, bladder cancer, as well as head and neck cancer. In addition, Tessa is leveraging its platform to develop an allogeneic therapy to address Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-associated lymphomas.
Tessa has built up robust operational and supply chain capabilities to successfully deliver T cell therapy treatments to a large patient pool worldwide. Together with the Company’s academic, clinical, and commercial research partners, Tessa has created a fully-integrated approach to the treatment of cancer with immunotherapy.
Our mission is to cure cancers and save lives with our innovative and widely accessible immunotherapies. We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are interested to be part of our team.
Research Program Manager
VP of Research
The Research Program Manager will report to the VP of Research and be based in Singapore. This candidate will be responsible for coordinating the successful development, implementation and execution of research activities across Tessa’s Research Organization. This role involves working closely with the Research Team/ Team Leads to oversee, manage, track the various research projects, effectively manage projects’ budget, timeline, deliverables, and providing the Research Organization with the relevant operational services and support.
- Work with VP Research/ Research Team Leads to define project plans, scope, objectives, and resourcing
- Utilize relevant project management best practices and tools in managing the projects; be agile and flexible to do what is necessary in ensuring the successful and timely execution of research projects
- Together with Senior Research Leadership and VP of Research develop risk assessment and mitigation strategies; to proactively anticipate potential risks and impacts and to facilitate resolution of issues on a timely basis
- Prepare and oversee the dissemination of project related updates to both internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Develop and provide executive reporting materials: project updates, potential risks and gaps, risk mitigation and contingency plans etc.
- Facilitate and host regular team meetings within the Research Organization, between Research and Development groups, and with other external stakeholders as needed
- Coordinate and propose agenda items, help with preparations for the meetings, and ensure actions and decisions are clearly documented, communicated and followed up on
- Support the implementation of processes/ structure/ systems within the Research Organization according to the relevant quality standards. This includes, but not limited to, developing target candidate profiles/ drug development gating mechanisms, data recording and storage processes, lab notebooks/ data room repositories etc.
- Work closely with VP Research and Research Team Leads to help develop and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the assigned projects that are relevant in view of Tessa strategic and corporate goals
- PhD in related science field with at least 3 years of post-doctoral experience in cancer biology or cancer immunology
- At least 2 years of experience in program/project management, preferably in life sciences industry
- Systematic, organized, ability to plan, direct, manage, and coordinate the operations of multiple projects, timelines, deliverables and resourcing
- Highly adaptable and able to multitask
- Strong verbal/ written communication skills, able to distill complex information into simple and clear messages
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player, able to effectively work within and across teams, and in communication to various stakeholders
- Demonstrates critical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office