Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the development of cell therapies for a broad range of cancers.
Tessa’s clinical pipeline derives from two innovative cell therapy platforms; CD30 Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CD30-CARs) and Virus-Specific T cells (VSTs). Our lead candidate comprises autologous CD30 CAR-T cell therapy targeting classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL) and CD30+ non-Hodgkin lymphomas.
Tessa is also developing a novel, allogeneic platform technology, as a new approach to traditional cell therapy. By combining the unique properties CD30-CARs and VSTs, the platform holds potential for the creation of next-generation off-the-shelf cell therapies against a variety of hematologic malignancies and solid tumors.
Tessa’s state-of-the-art GMP cell therapy manufacturing facility will open in early 2021, and will substantially enhance in-house production capabilities. Tessa is focused on rapidly and reliably providing safe, effective treatment options for patients.
Senior Research Scientist (Immunology)
Director, Research and Development
- Requires understanding of broad topics in Cancer Immunotherapy, biochemistry, molecular biology and cancer biology.
- Work largely with PBMCs and cellular therapy products based on established protocols, or design and optimize new protocols as needed.
- Involved in experimental troubleshooting, data analysis, and presentation of research data and project updates.
- Presentation and interpretation of results to internal and external stake holders.
- Mentorship of junior staff, maintenance of lab equipment and general lab housekeeping.
- PH.D. in Immunology, or related disciplines with at least 4 years of relevant working experience
- Have had at least 4 years of experience designing and running high-parameter flow cytometry.
- Good documented experience with primary cell culture, including T-cell expansion and associated functional assays.
- Experience common molecular/cell biology techniques, such as RNA extraction and multiplexed ELISAs.
- Good working attitude and willingness to learn
- Good analytical, planning and coordination skills
- Good communication skill and able to be a team player
- Open-minded, passionate and pro-active skills