Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company focused on the development of autologous and off-the-shelf, allogeneic therapies targeting solid tumors. Tessa’s Virus-Specific T cell (VST) platform harnesses the body’s potent anti-viral immune response and has shown compelling results in the treatment of solid tumors.
Tessa is building a portfolio of innovative, next-generation therapies by combining the qualities of VSTs with other immuno-oncology technologies. This includes a rapidly growing pipeline of clinical and pre-clinical autologous programs that target a wide range of cancers, including nasopharyngeal carcinoma, cervical cancer, oropharyngeal cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer, bladder cancer, as well as head and neck cancer. In addition, Tessa is leveraging its platform to develop an allogeneic therapy to address Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-associated lymphomas.
Tessa has built up robust operational and supply chain capabilities to successfully deliver T cell therapy treatments to a large patient pool worldwide. Together with the Company’s academic, clinical, and commercial research partners, Tessa has created a fully-integrated approach to the treatment of cancer with immunotherapy.
Our mission is to cure cancers and save lives with our innovative and widely accessible immunotherapies. We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are interested to be part of our team.
Director, Business Development
Chief Financial Officer
- Work closely with senior management to propose business development strategies and functional plans for the Company in the US and EU to ensure business development frameworks incorporate the broader strategic considerations
- Drive building relationships with external parties to increase awareness of business development opportunities, including ensuring a presence at all major partnering and scientific meetings in US and EU
- Facilitate timely and fact-based decision making to ensure that market opportunities are realized
- Provide input and expertise on all business development activities, including significant commercial transactional matters, such as mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic alliances
- Liaise with teams of internal and external experts to evaluate product opportunities, including in-house and external scientific, clinical, manufacturing, regulatory, marketing, financial, legal, IP experts
Work closely with the Corporate Development team to:
- Identify and evaluate potential in and out licensing opportunities, product acquisitions, alliances, and commercial constructs which will complement Tessa’s long-term strategy
- Develop proposals for structuring and negotiating deals in consultation with senior management team
- Organize full due diligence, including commercial, R&D, and input from non-R&D functions, if required, e.g. IP, Legal
- Prepare due diligence reports and risk/opportunity assessment
- Science or Business Degree; MBA and/or PhD preferred
- Strong scientific background and experience working in a research/scientific environment
- Strong and established network in the US Oncology Business Development community, including pharmaceutical companies, biotech, research institutions and venture capital
- 10+ years of work experience in pharmaceutical and biotech companies with a minimum 5+ years in a Business Development role
- Experience in leading and collaboration with global cross-functional teams with strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task
- Proven deal sheet
- Strong commercial skills with a strong understanding of the US and EU market
- Strong knowledge in the areas of oncology, novel cell therapies and immunotherapy products
- Strategy Development – Proficient in developing business strategies and communicating and ensuring its implementation
- Understanding and commitment to teamwork
- Strong negotiation skills; ability to persuade/influence and effectively gain agreement; resourceful and creative problem-solving skills
- Networking and persuasion skills to build and maintain relationships – both internal and external
- Communication – use communication techniques (oral or written) at a high level, in a broad range of non-routine situations and to a variety of audiences, taking into consideration their motivation, needs and behaviours
- Ability to operate at global working hours, communicating with counterparts across different time zones
- Willingness to travel in US and EU (up to 50% time), occasional travel to Asia/Singapore